Mar 31, 2016

Melissa McCarthy Talks Weight Loss, ‘Fictitious’ Magazine Women – ABC News

Melissa McCarthy is one of the most successful women in Hollywood. She agrees she’s “not the ‘norm'” and is okay with that.

The “Boss” star spoke to Refinery 29 in a new interview where she was asked about role models. Her answer was basically perfect.

“If I, off the top of my head, name 20 of the most amazing women in my life, it’s all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, jobs,” McCarthy said. “I can only go off my reality. What people pass off as ‘normal,’ I just have to keep in my head that it’s bull—-.”

“It’s all fictitious, made-up stuff,” she said. “I know some of those women in those magazines who get called perfect or whose butt is supposedly better and often they don’t even look like that in person.”

The actress also touched on the whole “Who wore it better” trend in magazines, saying, “You don’t do that with guys.”

“I want to get rid of constantly categorizing,” she continued. “Lists give somebody a way to shove and tear down women. Those women that are always shown, that we’re all supposed to be like, is like .000009% of human beings. That’s crazy.”

McCarthy acknowledged her recent weight loss, but said that was not for Hollywood or any movie.

Though she has worked to lose some weight, she said it’s a continuous process. “I’ll be up, I’ll be down, probably for the rest of my life,” she said. “The thing is, if that is the most interesting thing about me, I need to go have a lavender farm in Minnesota and give this up.”

She said the conversations about women should expand. “There has to be something more,” she said. “There are so many more intriguing things about women than their butt or their this or their that. It can’t be the first question every time, or a question at all. It’s like, ‘Can you imagine them asking some of these guys I work with, ‘How do you keep your butt looking so good?’ It would be like, ‘What the f— are you talking about?”

McCarthy has a new clothing line called Seven7 which launched in August and includes a wide range of sizes, from 4 to 28.

“There is just this weird thing about how we perceive women in this country,” she told More magazine last year. “I would love to be a part of breaking that down.”

No comments:

Post a Comment