Feb 29, 2016

Michael Martinez aims for the Winter Olympics – Philippine Star

Michael Martinez in great figure-skating form: “Through my experiences as an specific and as an athlete, I would certainly adore to go on inspiring young people to never ever offer up on their dreams.”
 

Michael Martinez became a household name after his scintillating performance at the Sochi Winter Olympics, and it additionally thrust the sport of figure skating in the limelight. Now, the general public is starving for updates on his exploits and the results of the competitions he participates in. Much more and Much more children are additionally getting in to the sport since they have actually seen that Filipinos can easily excel in the sport, despite us living in a tropical country.

Last year was a rather fruitful one for Martinez as he retained the Triglav Trophy in Slovenia last April, after that won the gold medal at the Asian Figure Skating event in Bangkok. He additionally finished 9th at the Finlandia Trophy, 6th at the Audi Mug of China, 4th at the Warsaw Cup, after that finally 7th at the Golden Spin of Zagreb.

SM Prime Holdings and SM Lifestyle Entertainment, through the SM Foundation, which support Michael’s campaign, coordinated this interview for The STAR.

STAR: Exactly how would certainly you assess your 2015 season?

MICHAEL MARTINEZ: The 2015 season started rather well along with the Triglav Trophy 2015 Jesenice in Slovenia and the Asian Trophy in Bangkok, where I placed first. There was a dip midway in the Finlandia Trophy Espoo as a result of several injuries caused by my attempts to attempt higher-degree jumps, such as the quad jumps. along with the advice of my group of coaches, in conjunction along with my brand-new medical group (Doc Eddie), I was able to plan better, regulate my injuries, and avoid brand-new ones so my performance was able to decide on up in the succeeding competitions. At the Mug of China, I scored my brand-new personal ideal of 220.36 and placed sixth from 12.

What are your priorities this coming year?

For the remaining competitions this season and for next season, my main priorities are: 1) to consistently enhance my personal ideal score in each competition, 2) to successfully and consistently land my quad jump(s) at the Globe Championships, March 28 to April 3 in Boston, 3) to go on to job along with my brand-new medical and strength-training group to avoid further injuries and to strengthen any sort of weaknesses that I have. additionally I will certainly be working along with my group this coming summer, doing a great deal of unorthodox and challenging points in preparation for the upcoming season.

How frustrating has actually your recent rash of injuries been for you?

It has actually been frustrating since it has actually caused me to gone a great deal of training time. However, my coaching team, along along with the advice of Doc Eddie, has actually already gained a difference in my bodily recovery by doing a lot Much more office job to avoid further injuries as well as weekly sessions of bodily therapy two to three days a week.

More and Much more children are getting in to the sport due to your success. Exactly how does this inspire you and are you proud that you are now considered a role model for the youth?

This fuels my determination to gain and consistently enhance in every little thing that I do for them, for my family, and for my country. I am rather grateful for all of the support and enjoy everyone has actually been giving me. I am rather humbled to have the ability to inspire and empower the youth. Through my experiences as an specific and as an athlete, I would certainly adore to go on inspiring them to never ever offer up on their dreams.

What is still the best target for you?

My best target is to Succeed a medal at the Winter Olympics and to offer spine by assisting and empowering the Filipino youth and athletes to achieve their dreams.

* * *

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @anthonysuntay, and adore my Facebook page: Anthony Suntay.

No comments:

Post a Comment