Jun 29, 2016

In my beauty bag: Loraine Reinsfield – Stuff.co.nz

Loraine Reinsfield is a big believer in facials and massages.

Loraine Reinsfield is a big believer in facials and massages.

She is the brains behind Gorgeous Getaways, the medical tourism company now featuring on TV One’s Beauty & The Beach

SKIN
For my skin, I like quick and easy routines, so I use Kiehl’s face wash and Age Defying Nerium – Optimera Day and Night cream, which applies like a dream and is super-hydrating which I love. It keeps my face hydrated all day. I have never used a product that does that before (and I’ve tried a lot). I have just received the Nerium Age Defying Eye Serum so I am keen to see if it as good! It has a lot of natural ingredients and has a patented process, so I am trialling it. The before and after photos are very impressive, but I have to get it from USA as it is not here yet.

READ MORE:
*In my beauty bag: Westside actress Esther Stephens
*In my beauty bag: cosmetics industry insider Tanya Abbott
*In my beauty bag: New Zealand fashion designer Helen Cherry

Loraine has her favourites when it comes to beauty.

Loraine has her favourites when it comes to beauty.

In terms of sun protection, to be honest I avoid using it, much to the horror of most people. I don’t have a favourite for that reason. I like to get the Vitamin D and not block it out. So I use a little to start with if I am a bit peaky (usually Nivea) but when I build up some colour I stop using it and use hats and umbrellas for protection if I’m out in the sun for more than half an hour, but I usually limit my sunbathing as I am overseas in the sun so much anyway.

I love facials, but I only have them when I am in Thailand as they do fabulous facials there and they are very cheap. If I am away in Phuket in particular I will have one or two a week. Last year I spent four months straight there and had a lot of facials.

Good skin starts with hydration. I try to drink two to three litres of water a day. So I get the first litre in during the gym and try to drink the rest before 6pm. I don’t always make three litres but I try. I also drink a lot of herbal tea, so that probably helps.

A good cleanser and MAC lipsticks are among the products she can't live without.

A good cleanser and MAC lipsticks are among the products she can’t live without.

MAKEUP

I wouldn’t be without mascara, blush and lipstick. I seem to buy mainly MAC and Stila. My favourite mascara that I wouldn’t be without is Kevin Aucoin which I was surprised to find here in Mecca. It just rolls off your eyes with a bit of water (it won’t come off with makeup remover) and it never smudges.

I only ever carry Carmax lip balm and MAC lipstick in my handbag (usually Blankety, Ravishing or Fanfare). Gone are the days when I carried a makeup bag in my handbag. Lipstick is all I really top up when I am out.

HAIR
I change it up now and again, but my favourites are Sebastian Penetrating Shampoo and conditioner and Nioxin No 3 shampoo and conditioner. I also use Silver Blonde SP (System Professional) shampoo every few washes to keep my hair toned.

Ad Feedback

I was going to Ben McArdle at Servilles in Newmarket for a few years but L’Oreal nabbed him. He now does my hair at home, which is a nuisance without the sinks etc, but we get by!

I wash and blow wave most days but if I miss because I am in a hurry I put the straighteners through – although they don’t work so well in Asia as my hair will still get a bit fluffy even with the best shampoos and straighteners. I get my hair highlighted every six weeks but I am going a little darker so should change hopefully.

NAILS
I love getting manicures and pedicures. I get pedicures on a regular basis – once a week if I can fit it in, but my nails are very soft on my hands, so if I put nail polish on them they become dry and brittle, so then I have to leave them alone for a while so they can recuperate! I’ve tried lots of products and they don’t work probably because I forget to use them as much as I should.

I like pale pinks, beige, white or pale apricot colours mostly and then every now and again when I get bored with that I will throw something like navy blue on my toes or a bright red.

I don’t like nail art it at all, and I don’t like the different ring finger colour that seems to be popular at the moment either.

FRAGRANCE & BODY
I lost my sense of smell about 15 years ago in an accident and my favourite scent then was Woman by DKNY, so I have worn it ever since I guess it’s my signature scent. My daughter has bought me some Jo Malone scents since then – Lime Basil & Mandarin, and White Jasmine & Mint are what I have right now. I wear them but I don’t know what they smell like, but she loves them. I trust her so I know they must smell good!

Over the years I have worn Chanel No. 5.

I use MOR Gardenia Extract and Avocado oil body lotion, which I slather on.

I like to take baths, and sometimes when I am away and I am catching up with my husband somewhere he often draws me a bath with candles and bath salts or whatever goodies are in the hotel! We don’t have a bath at home so it’s a nice treat.

LIFESTYLE
Massages are my big treat. I love them and sometimes when I am away I have one every day. Like the facials they are very cheap and you get to have your favourite masseuse every day.

I think you have to take care of the inside as well as the outside. I try to eat clean and have lots of raw foods, which I prefer if I have a choice. I exercise daily, take a lot of supplements and include superfood powders in my daily smoothie, which I try to make as healthy as possible.

For travel, lots of hydration is key – lots and lots of water. Keep off the alcohol and coffee. Drink herbal tea and take ‘No Jet Lag’ pills.

I seem to always get drawn back to the same places – MAC and Mecca on Ponsonby Road as they are walking distance from my home!

I can’t live without moisturiser. I love my new Nerium moisturiser, because it is so hydrating.

My beauty quick fix is sleep! I try to get to bed early and get enough sleep. I am an early riser no matter what time I go to bed, as I am at the gym every morning at 7am (except weekends).

Beauty mistakes? My hair – always hair, I do some crazy things when I get bored. Years ago when I was in my twenties I had my long blonde hair dyed dark (with a burgundy hue) it was awful, so I tried to go back to blonde and the next hairdresser over bleached it and it turned to a jelly and broke off while he was trying to fix it, so he had to cut it all off – it was one disaster after another – so I went from lovely long blonde hair to long awful dark hair, to very, very short, very light blonde!

My pet hate is tattoos and piercing, I just don’t like the look at all. I know it’s a trend that isn’t going away, I just hope neither of my children get them (so far so good)!

 – Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment