May 31, 2016

What Gymnast Aly Raisman Eats to Train for the Olympics – Cosmopolitan.com

1 p.m.: After almost four hours of practice, I was starving and headed residence for lunch. I often eat dinner leftovers from the previous night, so today it was grilled chicken breast and brown rice and some veggies. It saves me time on food preparation — all I need to do is heat it up and add ketchup, because who doesn’t love ketchup? I put ketchup on everything, and so do my teammates Gabby [Douglas], Simone [Biles], Maggie [Nichols], and MyKayla [Skinner].

I put ketchup on everything, and so do my teammates Gabby, Simone, Maggie, and MyKayla.

1:15 p.m.: I can’t get through two workouts without a nap, so this was my time to take one. For so several athletes, a nap is not a luxury, it’s a necessity! My body was exhausted from the morning workout and the entire week. 

Getty

p.m.: Before I headed back to the gym for my second workout of the day, which lasts 2.5 hours, I cut up a banana and mixed it along with Greek yogurt and some cereal for the carbs, protein, and energy I needed for the rest of the afternoon. I often sit in traffic for 30 minutes to an hour on my way to the gym, so I always make sure I have actually a water in the car to stay hydrated. 

5 to 7:30 p.m.: Back at the gym!

p.m.: I am always hungry when I get residence from practice. Tonight, I ate a small piece of grilled salmon along with a cup of whole wheat pasta and loads of vegetables including broccoli, carrots, and parsnips (I love them!). I really try to fill up on colorful veggies every night.

8:30 p.m.: I took a long, hot shower to relax my muscles and mind. Although I was exhausted, I loaded up on all my skin and hair products — I’m very girly, and this makes me feel feminine. Then I got into bed to ice my ankles and back, and used a special laser machine that speeds up the recovery process and prevents injuries. Meanwhile, I drank tea to relax and unwind while I watched Vampire Diaries on Netflix and dozed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment