Jul 2, 2016

PAUL MCKENNA can make you thin without dieting – Daily Mail

Paul Mckenna For The Mail On Sunday

1

View
comments

Paul McKenna tells you how to get thin without giving you any advice on what you shouldn't be eating

Paul McKenna tells you how to get thin without giving you any advice on what you shouldn’t be eating

In Paul McKenna’s plan, there was no calorie-counting, no recipes. No advice about what to eat at all, in fact Try this: Here is a trick one of my colleagues has found works with his clients: simply stick a giant question mark on your fridge. It will serve as a reminder to ask yourself each time you grab a snack: ‘Am I really hungry, or do I just want to change the way I feel?’ Claire after dropping the poundsClaire Singh pictured before her weight loss when she weighed 21 stone, left, compared to now, right Try this: If visualisation sounds like mumbo-jumbo, do this warm-up exercise. What does your front door look like? What colour is it? Which side is the handle on? To answer these questions you had to visualise – using your imagination to make pictures. Happy? Then go to exercise 4 Try this: Deliberately leave a bit of food on your plate, even if it’s just one chip. By doing this, you are sending a new message to your unconscious mind and you will soon feel comfortable leaving food whenever you feel truly full. Try this: Every time you get on the bathroom scales, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Your weight can fluctuate by up to 10lb due to water retention or even atmospheric pressure. Put those scales away this week, and if you can, for good. You’ll know you’re thin because you’ll look and feel great, and who needs scales to tell them that? Manjit shown now, having lost 10 stoneManjit Sahota pictured before her weight loss, left, compared to now, right, having lost 10 stone Try this: Everyone slips up from time to time. If you find yourself following my approach but have a binge, forgive yourself and move on

You may ask: ‘If my self-sabotage is unconscious, how can I know it is there?’ Well, you don’t need to in order to change it. Over the years, I’ve heard so many reasons for self-sabotaging. People say:

‘I have failed so many times in the past, I am worried that I will lose weight, but then put it all back on and feel really disappointed.’

‘I had an affair because I was attractive and nearly lost my marriage. I’m worried if I lose weight, that will happen again.’

‘This is so simple it’s too good to be true. I have spent years trying to lose weight. I will be furious with myself if this works, because of all the time and effort I have wasted on other systems.’

These might not sound like logical reasons to stay overweight, but make perfect sense to anyone who understands how the unconscious works. Your unconscious mind is not logical, it’s purposeful, its primary purpose to ensure your survival and safety, no matter the price.

On this final day, I’m going to leave you with an invaluable technique to try if at any moment you feel a wobble, or creeping self-doubt, and a check-list you can use every day to stay on track.

What next… 

You are now well on your way to a new relationship with food. If you have sent off for the DVD box set being given away by The Mail on Sunday (see Page 80), you will get a copy of my 90-Day Success Journal, a support tool to guide you over the next three months until you’ve firmly established the new habits relating to food and your body that will last you a lifetime.

On the right is the daily check-list. You could write it out, pin a fresh one to your fridge each day, and fill it in. And remember, it’s only by working this system that you will find weight-loss success.

No comments:

Post a Comment